Class registration for our In-Person (Chicago) Intensives is currently closed. Thank you to all of our participants and partner organizations for this wonderful experience. Sign up for our newsletter to learn what we're offering in 2023.
Earn CEUs For Therapists
Here are the modules you will learn, practice and be able to incorporate into your practice:
- MAGIC WORDS: Communication and “Yes, and”
- PERFECT IS BORING: Embracing Imperfection
- BRAIN YOGA: Cognitive Flexibility, Neuroplasticity and Memory
- I SECOND THAT EMOTION: Emotional Intelligence and Empathy
- OUR STORIES OURSELVES: Creative Storytelling and Expression
- HEAL THYSELF: Stress Reduction and Self Care
- FOLLOW THE FEAR: It's OK to Fail
- IN THE NOW: Mindfulness and Being Present
We welcome all practitioners and counselors!
The Improv Therapy Group is the manifestation of a profound connection between life skills and improvisation training. Improv classes provide a safe space to practice imperfection, let go of control and practice mindfulness while having fun and laughing.
We will leave time to process how the communication techniques learned in these games and exercises have been applied to Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Group Therapy, Couples Therapy and Individual Therapy.
EACH CLASS EARNS ONE (1) CONTINUING EDUCATION UNIT (CEU) PER HOUR OF CLASS TIME
CEU CREDITS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CLASSES!
CEUs are issued by Riveredge Hospital, an approved continuing education provider by the State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, available for LSW, LCSW, LPC, and LCPC licenses.